Its Friday! Time to celebrate with cocktails in the sun! How about a classic gimlet-a refreshing combination of gin and lime.
- 50ml homemade lime syrup (see below) or lime cordial
- 50ml Dry gin
- slice of lime and an edible flower, to garnish
For the lime syrup
- 2 limes , grated zest and juice
- 200g caster sugar
Put a martini or coupe glass in the fridge to chill
Pour 50ml of the lime syrup (see recipe, below) or cordial into a jug or tall glass and add a few ice cubes and the gin. Stir until the outside of the container feels very cold.
- Strain the mixture into your chilled glass and garnish with a slice of lime and an edible flower.
recipe courtesy of BBC good food
Image courtesy of liquor.com
- For the homemade lime syrup, put the lime zest into a saucepan. Squeeze the juice from both limes into a measuring jug – stop when you get to about 60ml, then top it up with water so you have 100ml of liquid in total. Pour this into your pan with the caster sugar. Heat very gently, stirring occasionally just until the sugar has dissolved, but don’t let it boil. Strain the mixture into a heatproof jug and leave to cool.