With less than a week to go until the spookiest day of the year we though we would share some helpful tips for carving the perfect pumpkin! Whether you opt for a frightening face, or a cute pattern here are a few hints to make sure you masterpiece is scary for the right reasons!
1. Start with the right pumpkin, choose on that is fresh with no bumps or bruising and a flat bottom so it wont roll away while you are carving it.
2. Instead of cutting the 'lid' from the top of the pumpkin, around the stem, try cutting an opening from the bottom, this will keep your pumpkin neat and help to prevent the sides from caving in later on.
3. Scoop and then scoop more! A sturdy spoon or ice-cream scoop will work well for this. Make sure to remove all of the seeds and the stringy pulp first. If you are feeling strong try to scoop out some of the flesh too. This will make the walls of the pumpkin thinner and easier to carve.
4. Sketch out your design on paper first, then just tape it to the front of your pumpkin and use a pencil to poke holes along the lines you want to carve. This way you wont end up with a lopsided design or too much empty space.
5. Have Fun! Sometimes the silliest pumpkins are the best so don't worry too much if your pumpkin wont be scaring your neighbours!
6. Finally, try sprinkling a little cinnamon inside your pumpkin so that it both looks and smells amazing!