Only a few days to left until pancake day! We love this light, fluffy America style version packed with delicious blueberries!
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- knob butter
- 150g of blueberries
- A little butter for cooking
- Maple syrup
Mix together 200g self-raising flour, 1 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Beat 1 egg with 300ml milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
- Beat in a knob of melted butter, and gently stir in half of the 150g pack of blueberries.
- Heat a small knob of butter in a large frying pan.
Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. Make three or four pancakes at a time.
- Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter.
Serve with maple syrup and the rest of the blueberries.
Recipe curtesy of BBC good food